Re: Message Indicator: Listing apps in menu even if they are not on

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 02:51, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> The design for Lucid follows this basic approach. "An application should
> register itself only if, and as long as, you have an account or
> analogous configuration set up in that application (for example, an
> e-mail account or a feed subscription). This avoids the problem where
> you cannot remove an application installed by another user from your own
> messaging menu without having to learn its configuration interface (when
> in the worst case, the application might not even be available in a
> language you can read)." <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MessagingMenu#API>

This still leaves, of course, the problem of how to "de-register" these
accounts/applications if a user stops using them.

A typical usage pattern (in my experience) is to try several different
applications that serve the same purpose before discarding most of them and
focusing on one.

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/XMPP: jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx =-