Re: No "application bucket" needed

I think that minimise to tray was always about cleaning up the task bar
(windows-switcher). There are long running apps that seldom require
input and these should not clutter up the task bar. Pidgin, Rhythmbox
solve this by closing the application window but continuing to run. The
biggest culprit that does not do this for me is Evolution.

I think a dock solves most of the other issues which is I am using
DockbarX. One case it does not allow is a single quick click to go to
the window you want as you can with windows-switcher. I think a hybrid
approach may solve this. You could have all open apps displayed as a
icon as current docks like dockbarx do except for the windows of the
current foreground application, so if I am working in openoffice, all
the openoffice windows will show expanded with the windows title but all
other apps will show as just an icon. This way you could quickly switch
between openoffice windows by clicking on the appropriate one but still
have a less cluttered task bar. It is not perfect as I might be working
on a document and the pictures in it so I might want openoffice and gimp
windows visible.

I agreed that alt-tab should work as it currently does, switching
between all open windows.

Raymond