Re: No "application bucket" needed

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 12:12, David Hamm <davidthamm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As for Rhythmbox sharing files it seems that they are just files after
> all and rather this shouldn't be handled by Rhythmbox. Unless
> Rhythmbox is acting like a controller.

Rhythmbox plugins can mean lots of things. One is the LIRC plugin. If that
plugin is loaded and working right, and I use my remote control to "Unpause"
rhythmbox, it should start playing again, regardless of whether the window
is open or closed, and regardless of whether Rhythmbox was playing or paused
when the window's state last changed.

There's also DAAP, which is a plugin to stream music on demand to other
instances (not quite just file sharing)

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/XMPP: jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx =-