Re: Restart Required

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 22:12, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  On 22/08/10 19:47, Frederik Nnaji wrote:
>

>  everything exactly, that restart experience is really bad (the warning,
>> the breakage if you don't do it, it's all poor, and if every app did
>> that we'd be a mess!).
>>

> doesn't Firefox do something like this if you do
> Tools>Start_Private_Browsing?
> wouldn't there be a sort of dump-file from which Ff recovers the session
> afterwards?
>  Boy, I wish we could tell Firefox to save state, restart, and restore
>

> I don't know but it's worth pursuing, fixing this would be a big win.

there are procedures that need to be kept alive in order to get a clean
restore after an app restart here..
i think https sessions need to be kept alive somehow, cookies need to stay
in place, scripts (javascript) need to continue their execution..

can one keep such stuff alive while restarting the rest of firefox?