Re: Awesome critical review of Unity

Just disabling the global menu doesn't fix all the issues of Unity. Doesn't do anything about the new dock for example.

I've already mentioned on this list the things that broke for me in Ubuntu Classic -- but Ubuntu Classic is irrelevant anyway as it will be gone by October.

The old shell is going away, regardless of what is default. The current iteration of the "the old shell" breaks things. It's a no-win for those who do not want Unity or Gnome Shell. Hopefully RHEL or someone will pick up that "old shell" ball.