Re: Global menu in Oneiric Ocelot (11.10)

Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Niklas Rosenqvist wrote on 19/05/11 10:15:
>>
>> 2011/5/19 Florian Diesch <diesch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> It's about impossible to use "focus follows mouse" and multiple
>>> windows with the global menu, which makes it unusable for me.
>>
>> This is a great example for when the global menu isn't such a great
>> idea as everyone thought before Natty.
>
> That isn't correct. I specified how it could work with focus follows
> mouse in May 2010, months before Natty even had a name.
> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MenuBar#focus-follows-mouse>

That's much better than what we have now but still far from being a real
solution as it would give me the wrong menu for a window I focused by
moving the mouse to it. And the point of using "focus follows mouse" is
that I can select a window with the mouse *without* clicking on it.

   Florian
--
Simple dict-like Python API for GConf:
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/software/easygconf/>