Re: Unity2D -- wow! (And hidden window buttons)

Den 28. aug. 2011 16:25, skrev Stefanos A.:
Why are they shown but the window buttons not? Wouldn't it be better if the application name took up the whole panel, especially on smaller screens where the indicator icons get in the way and cut it short? These icons can always be shown when the user needs them, so why not?

Interesting question. I agree that those do not need to be visible
at all times. However, the indicators do. One solution could be to
move them to the left of the indicators and hide them, but that
would make them more difficult to hit. I also think that would be
somewhat confusing since they appear to be similar to other
entries. Also, the cog and user menu are used frequently and
really needs to be in a corner. Should all the indicators be pushed
to the left then those became visible?

I would probably want them to be hidden, but I don't really know
any non-disruptive way of doing that, unless you were to move
them to the bottom of the screen or something. I've never
suggested that things should be hidden at any cost. Only when
it improves usability and doesn't hurt anything else.

Ideas?

Jo-Erlend Schinstad