Re: Overlay scrollbars

2011/10/6 nick rundy <nrundy@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>   Have you tried using the lower-right corner to resize your window?
>
>  Using the lower-right "grabber" you can resize the whole window, resize
> just horizontally, or just vertically. The "grabber" that was introduced in
> 11.04 was a much appreciated improvement for resizing windows in Ubuntu.

Customer: "Waiter, there is a fly in my pudding."
Waiter: "Have you tried the potatoes? They are quite good."

The OP raises a valid issue, regardless of whether workarounds exist. I've
also encountered this issue from time to time, but I can't say it's
bothering me all that much. However, this doesn't mean there isn't room for
improvement.

Two things I'd love to see improved (over the 12.04 video):
(a) as, the OP suggests, hide the arrows quicker when the mouse moves away.
This solves the resize vs scroll issue, and makes the GUI feel faster to
boot.
(b) make the arrows thicker to compensate. This has the additonal advantage
of improving support for laptop touchpads and touchscreens.

Android is a good example of both (a) and (b).

Thoughts?