Should we move closer to gnome again?

I really like unity and dislike GnomeShell for different reasons.

But Gnome plans some really cool stuff such as the recent mockups for various apps. http://afaikblog.wordpress.com/2011/11/10/gnome-design-update/ and http://www.webupd8.org/2011/11/new-updated-gnome-application-designs.html <http://www.webupd8.org/2011/11/new-updated-gnome-application-designs.html#disqus_thread> The question is shouldn't Ubuntu move as fast as possible to the latest gnome version so that they can implement most of these thinks in 12.04.

1) Music player:
        - banshee needs mono, is slow and still is a gtk2 app
        - rhythmbox looks ugly
            --> help Gnome implement the music mock up and you have it
2) Chat: the current look of empathy isn't really good
3) Videos: currently we have a video player and banshee: banshee has a library, video player not but banshee will be removed 4) network senntigs look a lot better in gs than in unity (here you have just to change the option in the connection indicator) 5) notifications: i really like the integration of empathy in GS you don't need to open a window just type something...

and: Online accounts is nearly useless in unity and their is no calendar (although I prefer Thunderbird we need a calendar)

But a think most important is: the farer we got from gnome the bigger the differences and the harder for gnome, canoncial and app developers to handle different shells

Follow ups