Re: Lots of mockups, but what is the problem you're trying to solve?

Den 12. nov. 2011 22:04, skrev Tomasz Sałaciński:
I think there are two points of view. Designer one and user one.

Designers wants everything to look and feel consistent. Everything needs to be slick and consistent with other parts of the desktop.

Users wants everything to be USABLE. Most of current Ubuntu users don't even notice that X part of the desktop doesn't feel right with Y part. They notice that they can't minimize apps with launcher click, the lenses are something they don't understand, dash works slow etc.

Please substantiate your claims. Users don't understand lenses? My experience is that they do.

An example:
- User files a bug that ALT-TAB works slow. There is a delay after the alt-tab window shows up. As far as I can remember - bug was closed. It's because it's the design. User STILL feels that alt-tab feels slow. A lot of users still thinks that. But it's not by design, so the bug was closed. Of course - it FEELS consistent. It looks consistent. It's a perfect design. But it's completely unusable. I want to know what window I'm switching to, I don't want to be forced to remember my last focused window. And the
I stopped reading there. I asked for a few short points, but this is ranting.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad