Re: Overlay scrollbars

Hi Michal,

> Thumb should not appear until it is clickable/grabbable
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/870714
>
> With the changes for 12.04, not sure if you have seen the videos, it will
be easier for the user to know what the target area of his pointer movement
is because the thumb will be reachable at any y coordinate inside the
scrollable pane. As mentioned in the other reply, we are also looking into
smart friction functionalities to give more precision to the user while
operating in the area and ultimately giving him more confidence. The latter
unfortunately requires low level engineering work.

Thanks a lot for the feedback and bug reports!

chr