Unity sidebar improvement.

Unity now has only a sidebar to the left and a bar above.
I ask why not provide with with bars on all sides with a self hiding
feature it would be great.
you could also provide page zoom slider on the side so that u dont need to
use keyboard shortcuts.

Also with a bunch of customising features which would help browsing,video
and audio a better experience.
It could replace the audio features currently being in the tab that you get
after clicking the volume adjustment button.
This could also eliminate the immediate need of docking apps.While you can
use separate apps to make a more fancied desktop if you want.
I far as a normal ubuntu user is concerned not many go around for a fancier
dock they did better stick to basics.
So a elegant,simple all side bars are the answer.
If they have a autohide feature which would unhide after few deliberate
seconds/click would be an added bonus.

Any views?

--
-- joy