unity-design team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: No more dodge windows in Unity?
On 02/15/2012 11:54 AM, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
Beyond that, the number one autohide on the planet would:
* launch quickly when you want it
* not launch accidentally when you don't want it
* provide cues that allow you to correct behaviour to avoid
* place things in a predictable fashion, so the same edge gives you
the same launcher every time (this is important - you can't see the
icons in the hidden launcher, so you have to guess where to send the
pointer to invoke it, and it needs to be predictable)
Any other criteria you want to add?
* Be discoverable (provide a hint of its existence)
Of course that's likely in conflict with the space-saving and
less-distraction benefits of auto-hide.
It's basically solved (only) for the "one and the same user changing the
setting and using the system/account" scenario by making it the option.
thorwil's design for free software: