Re: Is there a reason Ctrl+Alt+Left/Right/Up/Down was disabled?

The only conflict I've come across with Ctrl+Alt+left/right is in VLC. VLC has a feature where the user can jump five minutes ahead/back in a playing video by tapping Ctrl+Alt+right/left. But VLC's keyboard shortcut configuration dialog easily allows the user to change this combination to whatever they want. So not really a problem.

From: krnekhelesh@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 14:09:08 +0100
To: frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx
CC: unity-design@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Unity-design] Is there a reason Ctrl+Alt+Left/Right/Up/Down	was disabled?

Hi all,

I propose that the keyboard shortcut be changed back to Ctrl + Alt + arrow keys since the new implementation Super + Shift + arrow keys sometimes displays the keyboard shortcut overlay or the dash when you try to switch workspaces. This can be fixed by modifying the delay time etc...but why change something which ain't broken. Ctrl + Alt + arrow has been used for a long time and is still in many distros. Considering this is a LTS, this change will break that behavior which is not recommended.

Nekhelesh