Re: Are there plans to add "Reboot" item to the power-cog menu in panel?

On 02/27/2012 04:51 PM, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
On 27 February 2012 08:06, Nekhelesh Ramananthan<krnekhelesh@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hi all,

Reading through the replies from Mark Shuttleworth, Paul, Omar B., I propose
the following solution.

1. Integrate Startup Applications into the gnome control center (removal
from power cog menu)
2. Add an option to restart in the power cog menu.
3. The shutdown dialog should have a 60 second timeout which still brings
about the "undo" functionality but also removes the need to confirm it again
by just letting it countdown to zero.
4. Option to enable or disable login sound be presented in the sound
settings dialog or under user accounts (so that each user can choose to
disable or enable it)
Would someone like to go ahead and open a bug against
gnome-control-center for #4, and for #1 against gnome-session to
request that it show in System Settings? I already opened
http://pad.lv/941697 for #3.

Since as already been stated, adding a restart option to the system
menu would require an "are you sure"-style popup which is already
provided by the existing shut down dialog, I don't think that's
necessarily a useful improvement or has consensus.

Jeremy Bicha

I'll argue that the 60 sec timeout popups are better than the current two in one situation . If there's two entries Restart and Shut down , and each has its own timer it's possible to click on whatever you like to do and forget about it , whereas now you're obligated to make two clicks . Not to mention that it's way more intuitive to have restart as a separate entry and not put it as an unimportant addition . People do restarts after all.

Petko