Re: Are there plans to add "Reboot" item to the power-cog menu in panel?

Hi all,

Reading through the replies from Mark Shuttleworth, Paul, Omar B., I
propose the following solution. *

1. Integrate Startup Applications into the gnome control center (removal
from power cog menu)
2. Add an option to restart in the power cog menu.
3. The shutdown dialog should have a 60 second timeout which still brings
about the "undo" functionality but also removes the need to confirm it
again by just letting it countdown to zero.*
*4. Option to enable or disable login sound be presented in the sound
settings dialog or under user accounts (so that each user can choose to
disable or enable it)*

The reason being the following, not every user changes the startup
application frequently. Besides the gnome control center is coming around
brilliantly and I think this is the right place to also display the Startup
Application settings option. Second, for dual-boot users like me, restart
is an important option which should be easily accessible.

There you go, removal of one menu item to add another.

@Mark, thanks for letting me know about the game, I am new to this mailing
list..but I think that's a good idea for keeping the menus simple and
efficient.

Nekhelesh