Re: Are there plans to add "Reboot" item to the power-cog menu in panel?

On 27 February 2012 08:06, Nekhelesh Ramananthan <krnekhelesh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Reading through the replies from Mark Shuttleworth, Paul, Omar B., I propose
> the following solution.
>
> 1. Integrate Startup Applications into the gnome control center (removal
> from power cog menu)
> 2. Add an option to restart in the power cog menu.
> 3. The shutdown dialog should have a 60 second timeout which still brings
> about the "undo" functionality but also removes the need to confirm it again
> by just letting it countdown to zero.
> 4. Option to enable or disable login sound be presented in the sound
> settings dialog or under user accounts (so that each user can choose to
> disable or enable it)

Would someone like to go ahead and open a bug against
gnome-control-center for #4, and for #1 against gnome-session to
request that it show in System Settings? I already opened
http://pad.lv/941697 for #3.

Since as already been stated, adding a restart option to the system
menu would require an "are you sure"-style popup which is already
provided by the existing shut down dialog, I don't think that's
necessarily a useful improvement or has consensus.

Jeremy Bicha