Re: Tweaking ubuntu interface just a little bit

>>>What do you use to select a specific window if you dont like the thumnails/previews ?

Selecting windows is not a problem in ubuntu because everything has tabs (eg, nautilus, terminal, firefox, gedit, etc), so I rarely have multiple windows open.

But for the rare occasion when I do momentarily need another window open or for the select few apps that do not have tabs (eg, Writer), Alt+` (grave) is simpler, faster, and an easier way to select the window I want than using Windows 7 taskbar thumbnails (in my opinion).

If I really need to "see" the windows I have open then I use the Spread function. I like how thumbnails are presented ubuntu's "spread mode" a lot better than how they are presented in Windows 7. I also like how Spread mode results from a specific user-action, as opposed to Windows 7 which activates the feature simply from the mouse moving over the icon.