Re: design, give a suitable direction forward

I don't really understand the importance of the close button in the corner
really.
By default, not all windows open maximized (I'm not even sure any do) and
users may maximize a web browser or email client or office app but not so
likely for lesser used apps such as a terminal or system settings (indeed,
system settings CANNOT be maximized).
Therefore close buttons are going to be all over the place and have
different places to aim for so why put that importance on the maximized
ones being in the corner of the screen?