Re: Desktop as a widget space.

HI Sunil, ...

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 5:34 AM, Sunil Singh Rana <sunil.rana@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I am just throwing an Idea. Off course, we need to think it through in a
> rigorous manner to find a way to do it without adding too much
> complications. If we agree we want to do something with the desktop, we can
> move to the next step of coming up a excellent way to do it.

It is clear that the Desktop, as we know it, has to change, so we can
definitely start exploring options.

My only concern on having both files and widgets in the Desktop, as you
propose, is the weirdness of accessing the Desktop folder from the
filesystem and not being able to see the widgets, at least not in a
meaningful way. But it is also true that the concept
of hierarchical filesystem is diluting, thanks also to the Dash. On the
other hand, there could be another way to have files very accessible, as
someone mentioned, maybe extending the Launcher.

Maybe a good approach could be to list and eventually explore "every"
option.

I thank you very much for writing in such a clear and humble way.

You are very welcome and thanks for bringing this subject up! ;)

Best, chr