Widgets

On 06/01/2012 10:16 AM, Christian Giordano wrote:
My only concern on having both files and widgets in the Desktop, as you
propose, is the weirdness of accessing the Desktop folder from the
filesystem and not being able to see the widgets, at least not in a
meaningful way.

Maybe a good approach could be to list and eventually explore "every"
option.

What defines widgets in this sense?

I'd say: single window programs that are started automatically and kept running during the entire session. This leaves their selection, removal and visibility/stacking management open to design.

Any objections or additions to the above?

Typical examples are fancy clocks and weather displays, but care should be taken to not derive needless limitations from these.

Not at all complete: