Re: Worrying nautilus development direction, New default file manager?

Nautilus patches in the interim would probably be a good idea; you are
right marlin is not yet mature enough to be considered at this time. By the
looks of it nautilus patches might be *necessary*. The next version of
nautilus seems to be using hardcoded toolbar icons that only fit in with
the adwaita theme and look horrible in ambiance for example:
http://iloveubuntu.net/pictures_me/newnautilus%20search%201.png. The
current stable version of epiphany has that same issue with dark themes, so
I don't expect that to be fixed in nautilus 3.6 final.