Re: Worrying nautilus development direction, New default file manager?

Ok, Benjamin

>And how can you say that Marlin looks promising? It's still not even in 0.1? :) They seem to be developing at a fine >pace, however here's an example of the type of bug fixing that it's still missing:

I was saying the he look promising because .Marlin really look
promising and development is active.
... in fact, they made the best one in the Gnome World - the name was
Nautilus Elementary
...on the same time also, the world craziness  started to get some
speed - so my joy was very  short, Gnome 2 was out of line.

The progress come to look like a big regression when Gnome 3 and Unity
arrived under the sun. Easy things started to be complicated, we loose
'Nautilus Elementary' and elevated simplicity, Instead, we got big
icons just in case - maybe we will confuse the computer screen with
the phone.

Of course the best idea is to build a new file manager - but who will
build the new shinny one ?

And why we can't cooperate all to help Marlin to go where we want ? -
I observed for few years now that to ask for a new toy is very common
in Open Source world - but how to cooperate, like in all good times ?
..

I feel that  we can solve our big things in a very collaborative way -
let's make a list of wishes (because we are all a man of his wish [ I
do not say witch.. ;) take care]). Then let's have a meeting with
Marlin developers - show'em the list  and let's help them fixing
things and polish / uzability-ish / full-feature-ish our baby.

Instead of splitting energies we will get at least a powerful community.

This way will go much normal and easier - I suspect that Marlin guys
have everything on place, less time and a sharp clear feedback from
Userland (I mean feedback focused on problems not just in '...Wow -
your File Manager is Awesome Bingo ').