Re: Worrying nautilus development direction, New default file manager?

Ah, that makes sense. so hopefully light-themes support for that is in the
works. I did some more research on symbolic icons and it does look like
they should solve a lot of issues with the way icons currently work (for
example monochrome themes often end up with white icons on white
backgrounds in certain places and vise-versa).

I'm still pretty annoyed about some of the features that are being removed
from nautilus, but It does seem to be a true a new file manager isn't
really viable at this time.