Re: [Webapps] web apps and the launcher [was: webapps and the sound menu]

On 16 January 2013 15:26, Alex Launi <alex.launi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Jan 15, 2013, at 6:57 AM, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> How do you propose getting that icon on the launcher in the first
>>> place if it doesn't appear when you open a tab?

>> By opening the application, e.g. from the Dash or the messaging menu.
>>
>> - --
>> mpt
>
> So all web apps are listed in the dash, or messaging menu by default? I suppose dash makes sense a la installable apps. Do you expect users will be retrained to think "open dash type Facebook" rather than "open browser goto Facebook.com"?

Is that not the whole point of Web Apps?  Not that I am convinced
myself, but if there are web apps then they should be able to be
invoked via Dash or Launcher and in the context of the launcher,
workspaces and so on, should behave as other apps.