Re: [Ayatana-dev] Unity-2D and Qt5

Hi,

On 24 November 2011 17:28, Andrew Starr-Bochicchio <a.starr.b@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> qt4-x11 is the source package you're looking for. You can pull the
> source of the Ubuntu package with:
>
> bzr branch lp:ubuntu/qt4-x11

pulled and.. ouch! :D
More than 120 files in /debian/ folder :P
Let's see where I can start from.

First of all I ask you a very newbie question: without creating the
Qt5 package, is there a safe way to "make install" the Qt5 libs in
/opt/ folder of my PC?
It should be "make install --dest-dir=/opt/" is it right? I just want
to be sure that files are installed ALL in that directory, so I can rm
it anytime without compromising my system files.

Having a working Qt5 installation on my PC is the most urgent thing
for me, because I'd like to start Unity-2D testing as soon as
possible, without wasting too much time with Qt5 packaging. Please
note: I still want to package Qt5, but just to help other
people/developers helping me with tests. Packaging can procede as a
parallel task (I could ask help on Qt Developer Network forums...).

Thanks for your help!

p.s: I will ask questions about the /debian/ files in a separate email.

--
Andrea Grandi - Nokia Qt Ambassador
website: http://www.andreagrandi.it