Re: [Ayatana-dev] Unity-2D and Qt5

Il 28 novembre 2011 11:52, a.grandi@xxxxxxxxx <a.grandi@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
> Hi,
> First of all I ask you a very newbie question: without creating the
> Qt5 package, is there a safe way to "make install" the Qt5 libs in
> /opt/ folder of my PC?
> It should be "make install --dest-dir=/opt/" is it right? I just want
> to be sure that files are installed ALL in that directory, so I can rm
> it anytime without compromising my system files.

In that case you need to use that install prefix. And so with autoconf
you can do
./configure --prefix=/opt/qt5
while, with cmake I guess you can do:
cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr

Then update your PREFIX, CPATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, LD_RUN_PATH,
XDG_DATA_DIRS, XDG_CONDIG_DIRS and PKG_CONFIG_PATH with that prefix
when you need to run a qt program using these new libs.

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net