Re: Looking for ways to make Ubuntu Unity work better with VMware Unity

Il 18 febbraio 2012 04:45, Ryan Beasley <rbeasley@xxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
> On 02/17/2012 06:21 PM, Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:
>  • Unity 3D/Compiz+plugin(?)
>    · ?????
>    · You mentioned PanelMenuView in a previous message.  Does this component
> relate to window decoration, or only what shows up in the panel?  (I'm
> assuming the latter.)  I gotta bail for the weekend, but I'll check out the
> unity sources from bzr next week.

The PanelMenuView both draws the top panel menu area and manages the
maximized windows. In it there are some calls to:
 - WindowManager::Default()->Undecorate(xid);
 - WindowManager::Default()->Decorate(xid);

And these does what you'd expect... So all is handled there.
Monitoring a gsettings key to enable/disable this, it should be quite
easy.
Just one thing, that file is going to change a lot in trunk, so
eventually look at my lim-panel branch.

--
Treviño, Ubuntu member
https://launchpad.net/~3v1n0