Re: LOG_DEBUG output and System Indicators?

On 29/07/15 11:42, Mohsen Ibrahim wrote:
>  > By default, I think the logging goes to stderr. Any capturing of the
>> logging is handled by something wrapping the executable.
> First by default the logging go to stdout not stderr, second how can I
> do this "wrapping the executable" with unity? Unity is a compiz plugin
> not a process by itself.

This is done in the plugin loading code of the unity shell for compiz.

> If you know some one who can answer me about "Where is stdout directed
> in unity???, I will be grateful, until then I will work on answering
> this question, my last option would be modifying nux source code to
> direct the log output to a file.

IIRC, the logging output doesn't go anywhere normally. It is dropped on
the floor.

You'll only see the logging output if you start unity from a terminal.

When I was working on unity, I'd often be starting unity from a shell
where I'd capture the output through tee.

Tim