Re: LOG_DEBUG output and System Indicators?

> Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 07:53:00 -0400
> From: stephen.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: unity-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [Unity-dev] LOG_DEBUG output and System Indicators?
>
> On 15-07-29 05:34 AM, Mohsen Ibrahim wrote:

> That file is where stdout and stderr from Unity go when started normally.  I do not tell you an untruth.

I am sorry I DO NOT mean you are telling me an untruth, I thought you are mistaken, my apologize.

> If you are not seeing debug output in that file (or gnome-session-Unity.log* on older systems), it is because you are
> not setting the LOG_DEBUG environment variable in a place it gets picked up by the system, or else you are not starting
> Unity in a normal way.
What value should I put in the environment variable? I know that LOG_DEBUG is a macro in NuxCore.
I am starting unity from terminal using unity --replace &

I did as I told you, modified nux source code to send log messages to a file rather than standard output, and now it works, all LOG_* messages are sent to a file inside my home directory, this is good for now.
One more thing I had to export UNITY_LOG_SEVERITY inside the file called .sessionrc in my home directory, so unity can use it to configure logging.

Thanks to you Mr. Stephen M. Webb and to Mr. Tim Penhey and to Mr. Marco Trevisan you helped me a lot and I hope that in the future I will help more unity new developers to get started with unity.

Mr Webb thanks again and I am sorry for the misunderstanding I am still  a beginner.

Bye I hope to you happy life.