Re: valgrind

Ok thanks, it works perfectly now :).

In fact when I saw the error, my first idea was to check that there was
a /usr/lib/debug/libstdc++.so.6 o my pc, and there was one. I also
checked that a debug version of listdc++  was installed, and in fact
libstdc++6-dbg was...

Ater your mail, I realized that installing libstdc++6-4.0-dbg solve the
problem. As simple as this...
Note that lib6 and lib 6-4 are in conflict, so apt have autoremoved the
version 6. I hope Yade donesn't need to be compiled with ver 6...

Bruno

Janek Kozicki a écrit :

>Bruno Chareyre said:     (by the date of Mon, 18 Dec 2006 17:58:06 +0100)
>

>>Ok, I just reinstalled vallgrind. Now I can profile something like Kate,
>>but valgrind still return the same error when I try with Yade :
>> ./yade: /usr/lib/debug/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.5' not
>>found (_required by ./yade_)
>>

>does command:
>
>  echo $GLIBCXX_3.4.5
>
>say anything?
>

>Oh, I have found something, if you use http://packages.ubuntu.com/
>
>and in "Search the contents of packages" write keyword
>"libstdc++.so.6", then pick in the dropdown menu "Distribution":
>'dapper'(*), then click search, you can find:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/ykknaq
>
>There you can read that file '/usr/lib/debug/libstdc++.so.6' belongs
>to packages libdevel/libstdc++6-4.0-dbg and libdevel/libstdc++6-dbg
>
>So you should install them :)
>
>(*) I don't know, maybe you have upgraded to 'edgy', but you now you
>know how to figure it out. :)
>

>BTW, you can bookmark that page http://packages.ubuntu.com/ it is
>very useful. I have added it to my quicksearch toolbar in firefox
>(well, actually I'm using galeon, but nevermind ;).

Chareyre Bruno
Maître de conférence

Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
Laboratoire 3S (Soils Solids Structures) - bureau I08
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 04.56.52.86.21