Re: [Branch ~yade-dev/yade/trunk] Rev 1852: 1. Move TesselationWrapper to lib/triangulation.

> Q1. After merging with bazaar and typing scons, I am experiencing sth like a 1st time compilation.  And it creates additional files for me. Eg., now I have build-bzr-1853 and build-bzr-1852; and also additional .exe files in the 'bin' folder.  How do I avoid this?

You can set version='trunk' in your scons.profile-* and after it you
will be have only one compiled version with name yade-trunk.

> Q2. Another novice question is after merging with bazaar, should I commit to my local system by typing "bzr -commit -m 'abcd' "?

If you have a branch (ie, you get the yade sources with the command bzr
branch lp:yade), you can do local commit with "bzr commit -m 'Comment'".
In order to commit to main trunk you need:
bzr merge
fix conflicts, compile and check
bzr push -m 'Comment'

If you have a checkout (ie, you get sources with "bzr checkout
lp:yade"), when you can do local commit with "bzr commit -m 'Comment'
--local". I recommend always give meaningful comments to your revisions
(local or not).
In order to commit to main trunk you need:
bzr up
fix conflicts, compile and check
bzr commit -m "Comment"

But I don't recommend using push to main trunk. In this case renumbered
trunk revisions. I recommend to have checkout of trunk and a branch for
development:

bzr co lp:yade trunk
bzr branch trunk new-feature-branch

In order to commit from new-featur-branch to main trunk you need:
cd trunk
bzr up
bzr merge ../new-feature-branch
fix, compile and check
bzr ci -m "Comment"

You can update new-feature-branch with trunk by
cd new-feature-branch
bzr merge

It seems I have not got it wrong... But just try and you will experience.

> Q4. What is VTKRecorder for?  I noticed that when some changes are made (e.g. NewtonsDampedLaw completed by Sergei), VTK Recorder has also to be changed.
.

It is the engine for to export simulation results into a vtk file format
in order to postprocessing it with vtk-based tools, for example with
ParaView.

--
Best regards, Sergei D.