Re: [Branch ~yade-dev/yade/trunk] Rev 1932: - merge stiffness/inertia control in PeriTriaxEngine and remove periEngine

What I want is infinite simple shear, which is the most popular DEM simulation after the triaxial test (prolly because it is very common in rheology).

I forgot to mention Vincent has infinite simple shear in his own code, with predefined shearing planes. The complexity in Yade was because I wanted it to work in arbitrary deformations, i.e. keep running the simulation as long as the size of the period (i.e. cartesian size, not the current sell->size) is not approaching particles sizes. I have the solution now.

Chareyre Bruno
Maître de Conférences

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43