Re: Fwd: Re: Is shear incremental calculation verified

> Is there something like this with Yade's facets, or do we
> create new interactions for each new pair? I never looked into that part
> of the code.
You said you read the collider code, this is where such things happen.
Yes, new interaction of every new pair.

There is preliminary version of topology information inside Facet, which
was meant to server for mutual exclusion of interaction on the edge
(i.e. sphere on the edge would interact with one or another, but not
both). See FacetTopoogyAnalyzer, Facet::{edgeAdjIds,edgeAdjHalfAngle}
and lines 120-131 in Ig2_Facet_Sphere_Dem3DofGeom; none of that is used
now.

Having a way to track interactions would require rather thoughtful
analysis on how it can be done, as it doesn't fit current framework very
well.

Cheers, Vaclav