Re: WIKI, what can we do?

- Python pages. They were very usefull for me. They are written in beginner-friendly style, and I also tend to see them also as part of the overview : it gives the taste of how Yade works before diving in a technical documentation. I would keep them in the wiki, but maybe it will be considered a duplicate of sphinx?
There is already the introductory chapter in sphinx,
https://yade-dem.org/sphinx/introduction.html . Perhaps it could contain
some example of a simple simulation as whole, something like
simple-scene perhaps, or at least a link to it.

Yes, we can crosslink wiki->sphinx and sphinx->wiki in many places.
Simple-scene.py/.cpp are good pages that we should not loose (but they need update). They can be in sphinx with links from wiki, or the opposite, for me it makes no difference. The page https://yade-dem.org/sphinx/introduction.html is not something that the average human will read without a good reason, simple-scene is more an "overview" thing. By the way, the two figures in introduction.html don't display correctly for me.

I think it does not change _that_ often, and it would make sense to make
it a part of sphinx. Sphinx docs are in trunk and people changing stuff
should update it themselves. I definitely will _not_ conpoensate
lazyness of other in this respect.
In that case, I suggest to put as much as possible (i.e. everything not _really_ technical) on the wiki. Since harder updates (finding the files, syntax, no live feedback) will sum up with lazyness to prevent sphinx changes.
I'd like a few good images in this first page too, any suggestion?

I would suggest to make the sphinx home https://yade-dem.org/sphinx/ as
the main page for http://www.yade-dem.org, and only reference wiki from
there. We wouldn't be the first ones to do that (e.g.
http://docs.python.org/ or http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/)

Ok, why not. The only thing I'm wondering is if first-time visitors will not loose themselves in reference manuals before checking the wiki. It is less risky the other way, with people getting an overview from wiki, then moving to sphinx if they really want to read the documentation. If we do that, we need a very visible link at the top of the page, something like "YADE Project General Introduction (WIKI)" (btw, I didn't find any wiki in your links, bad examples?).