Re: Migrating to GitLab

Hello all,

last several years I did Yade releases and the process was
the following. Before the release was done I created the corresponding
release-branch (for example 0.60 [1]) and just tagged the new
Yade version there. It worked relatively good.

--------------------------------------> develop
  \                    \
   \                     \
    \Release 1     \Release 2
     \Release 1.1

I can remember only a couple of times, where the hot-fixes were
needed to be integrated into the release-branch due to some serious
stability or functionality issues.

Last years I have an experience of work with master-develop
approach. It is not bad. But you really need to know, why do
you need it.

I am fully support the feature-branch + merge request way of working.
It can really help to double check the code and implement some
additional tests.

[1] https://github.com/yade/trunk/tree/0.60

My 2cts....

Regards