Re: Fixing the examples FEMxDEM

Bruno Chareyre said:     (by the date of Thu, 24 Jan 2019 19:09:26 +0100)

> FEMxDEM: Ning Guo (if this adress does not work I know Ning has
> successors in HK)

I am trying to make it work. I found that
https://launchpad.net/escript-finley is probably inside package
python-escript.

I have compiled version python-escript_5.3-1_amd64.deb from source
and installed it, But still I have this error when starting the
FEMxDEM example:

  from esys.escript import *
  ImportError: No module named esys.escript

The strangest thing is that when I do:

  grep esys.escript . -r --color

inside the source of package python-escript_5.3-1_amd64.deb I find
hundreds of lines that are doing this `from esys.escript import *`.
So I conclude that in yade it should work.

However my devuan ascii is based on debian stretch, so maybe some of
my packages are too old. I don't know which ones, though :( Or have a
bug regarding python detecting newly installed modules.

Maybe I should try this in devuan experimental, perhaps there it will
work.

Do you guys have any idea?
--
Janek Kozicki