Re: call for code

Bruno Chareyre said:     (by the date of Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:54:51 +0200)

> Please, could you give me a deadline for sending my files? It is better
> if I send you the most up-to-date files at the moment you will start
> working on Yade.

Hi Bruno,

I wanted to have some code from you, because I was afraid that you will
go to holidays and I will lose contact with you, without the possiblity
of getting any code from you. I think that one month is a reasonable
time before I will start making some real changes. Maybe it will be just
3 weeks, I'm not sure. So as long as we stay in contact it's OK.

In case if you plan to go for summer holidays, just send me your code
just before you leave. So that I'll have the latest version of triaxial
test, and I will not need to wait until you return from holidays to get
it from you.

About shared_ptr<> speed - I have written long ago:

http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/yade-users/2005q3/000005.html

that boost 1.33 is 30% faster because shared_ptr<> was improved a lot.
I was wondering why you didn't upgrade :)

are you still working on that debian sarge computer? If yes, then
upgrading should be easy, download appropriate *i386*.deb packages from

http://backports.org/debian/pool/main/b/boost/

and install them as root, with command

dpkg -i *deb

all dependencies will be checked automatically. And if you get an error
please copy/paste it here, so I could help.

I'm really curious what will be your conclusions from kcachegring after
doing that upgrade.