Re: Installing yade on kubuntu.

Now that you have a fresh kubuntu, you can also install some other
interesting packages, like kdesvn, kdevelop, valgrind, etc... :)

Yes, the first thing I did was installing all this.
Very good news for everybody : kdevelop has now a real debugger, I mean you can evaluate objects within the KDE during execution. This very useful when you want to check if your programm do what it is supposed to do (e.g. to check if a contact force corresponds to the contact law you defined - this one is dedicated to Wenjie ;)) I have not tested the debugger with Yade however, only with simple programms. But it should work!

Bruno

--
Chareyre Bruno

Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
Laboratoire 3S (Soils Solids Structures) - bureau I08
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France Tél : 04.56.52.86.21