Re: YADE in Geomechanics

Omer Ardic a écrit :

> Can you please check the following papers. I am looking for someting
> like them.
>
> http://arw-bled2004.scix.net/Files/acceptedpapers/materialmodelling_nato_paper.pdf
> <http://arw-bled2004.scix.net/Files/acceptedpapers/materialmodelling_nato_paper.pdf>
> http://www.ica1.uni-stuttgart.de/~fernando/papers/mic-mac-alonso04f.pdf
> <http://www.ica1.uni-stuttgart.de/%7Efernando/papers/mic-mac-alonso04f.pdf>
> http://www.ica1.uni-stuttgart.de/~fernando/papers/incremental05.pdf
> <http://www.ica1.uni-stuttgart.de/%7Efernando/papers/incremental05.pdf>
> http://www.ucy.ac.cy/~gracm05/PROCS1/139.pdf
> <http://www.ucy.ac.cy/%7Egracm05/PROCS1/139.pdf>
>
> I have also the PhD thesis of Gian Antonio D'Addetta "Discrete Models
> for Cohesive Frictional Materials".

Hello

Perhaps, see the proccedings of powder & grains 2005 (Stuttgart) and
previous powder & grains conferences, it could give you a good overview
of what is done with the DEM in in the field of soil mechanics. There is
in fact a huge amount of papers on DEM in soil mechanics, it is
impossible to give you a list. However, if you are interested in what is
in Yade, perhaps see the early papers of P.A.Cundall.

BTW : I hope I will implement a complete triaxial compression test in
Yade very soon. Currently, I have only isotropic compression. I can send
you the source code if you want.

Bruno Chareyre

> Do you know which program used in those papers?

Chareyre Bruno
Maître de conférence

Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
Laboratoire 3S (Soils Solids Structures) - bureau I08
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 04.56.52.86.21