Re: Changing class names

Bruno Chareyre said:     (by the date of Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:37:42 +0100)

> Hey Janek or Vaclav
>
> It looks like the names of some classes have been changed. Could you
> send an explanation of how to use yade-scripts efficiently so that yade
> users in 3S don't spend hours to change the names manually in their own
> classes? ;)

heh,

To revert the change in yade so that it is compatibile with your
classes do following in trunk:

  ./yade-scripts/renameClassFirst transientInteractions volatileInteractions

  ./yade-scripts/renameClassFirst ElasticContactInteraction ElasticContactParameters
  ./yade-scripts/renameClassFilenames ElasticContactInteraction ElasticContactParameters
  ./yade-scripts/renameClassDirectories ElasticContactInteraction ElasticContactParameters

But alternatively, you can do the opposite to change all your classes, so that
it will be 'compatibile' with yade in SVN:

  ./yade-scripts/renameClassFirst volatileInteractions transientInteractions

  ./yade-scripts/renameClassFirst ElasticContactParameters ElasticContactInteraction
  ./yade-scripts/renameClassFilenames ElasticContactParameters ElasticContactInteraction
  ./yade-scripts/renameClassDirectories ElasticContactParameters ElasticContactInteraction

(scripts ask to commit during the process, but don't do that. It will work anyway :)

I think that it was all renaming.... Let me know if it solves the problems.

Btw, I think that all the planned big changes better be done, when
I'm in L3S, so that I will help all the people to adapt to the new
version. Renaming classes is a tiny part of changes that will be
done. It's long to explain now, so we will better discuss it later
(at least when I'm done with writing my PhD, I'm really tight with
time now). Those big changes will allow to

- automatically build simulation loop (fill engines / actors), no
  longer this bothersome createActors() in each filegenertor
- make parallel computations with multiple processors.

I think that you want that, even if it will involve modifying your
current code :)

--
# Janek Kozicki