Re: system requirements

yes, I got that from the wiki.  Well I just wanted to make sure before I ran
yade on my laptop (it has a ATI Radeon Xpress1250 video card and 2GB of
memory, is that ok?), before I was running yade (this yade version was
installed a year ago and hasn't been update) a desktop compuer.

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 1:11 PM, Václav S(milauer <eudoxos@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > So NVidia bad?
> > Intel and ATI good?
> Not necessarily.
> > Then I must have gotten confused with this:
> > "*/Yade is using OpenGL to display 3D graphics. This currently works
> > correctly only with NVidia graphic cards (those cards have usually
> > GeForce in their name), and it is usually buggy with ATI graphic cards
> > (those have usually Radeon in their name). So if you have an ATI
> > Radeon graphic card, then skip this section (you should have bought
> > nvidia ;)/*."
> That is quite obsolete (is it on the wiki? shame, should be removed), I
> think (I have Intel and it works fine, I used to have ATI and it worked
> as well). But it depends on what kind of crashes you get. If it is just
> yade that crashes, that is a bug that should be reported to us (but I
> never encountered a crash in the GL drawers). If it is your X session
> (graphical interface) that crashes, you have a problem with your driver
> / mesa (library for 3d graphics) and so on - elsewhere than in yade. Get
> someone who understands Linux to fiddle with that.
>
> Vaclav

Daryl Begaye
Diné College
http://www.dinecollege.edu
Major(s): Computer Science and Fine Arts