Re: Particle Generation (how to avoid explosion)

Václav Šmilauer said:     (by the date of Fri, 30 Oct 2009 18:25:27 +0100)

> Oh yes, the packing is not stess-free (for that, you would have to use
> some sort of geometric algorithm). But as long as you have cohesive
> material (which is the case for rock, as far as I know ;-) ), you can
> say that the initial distance of spheres is equilibrium for that bond;
> that's what I do for concrete and it works well.

And Jean Fransois Jerrier has implemented a geometric algorithm!

But - is it committed? Vincent was committing it. I don't know if
it's done already.

Vincent, is there some sample python script that takes a mesh as
input (e.g. as facets) and outputs spheres?