From: gladky.anton@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 18:15:01 +0100
To: yade-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Yade-users] New particle shape

Could you not explain in generally, what do you want to simulate?______________________________

Anton Gladkyy

2009/11/20 boon chiaweng <booncw@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Thank you, Janek.  May I know where can I find the marching cube algorithm in YADE?  And how is it used?  I'm really curious (one reason is i've spent days looking for the marching cube algorithm).  Although I'm still a novice, but I hope soon, I'll be a 'pro'.  If I am able to think of a shape that can be specified by an equation, and marching cube is available, it will save me a lot of trouble thinking of how to plot it.  Thanks~

Really grateful,

CW Boon

> Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 16:32:31 +0100

> From: janek_listy@xxxxx
> To: yade-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [Yade-users] New particle shape
>

> boon chiaweng said: (by the date of Fri, 20 Nov 2009 22:00:20 +0800)
>

> > There should be advantages in polygonizing an arbitrary equation. While looking for solutions for graphics, there are weird shapes that can be drawn using implicit equations.. I can't recall what shapes but they were recommending the "marching cube" algorithm.. In the OpenGl file for sphere, are the vertices and faces a general polygonization method for any equation? Or is it only for a sphere-type particle? I'm a novice in this.
>
> don't go into this direction unless you are more interested in
> computer graphics than in ellipsoid interactions. In fact we even
> have marching cubes implemented somewhere, but in your case a simple
> drawing of a sphere scaled in radiusX,radiusY,radiusZ will just work.
>

> > How do I make sure that, with time, OpenGL's orientation on the user interface is same as the quaternion which is used in calculation?
>
> It is the same variable. So it is equal to itself :)
>
> --
> Janek Kozicki |

New Windows 7: Simplify what you do everyday. Find the right PC for you.