Re: Sign convention contact laws

Bruno, I still have some doubts ;( I will try to explain myself. What I see
regarding the shear force is simply the need of a tangent unit vector
exactly for the same reason we define a normal one. The direction of the
normal force is not dependent upon which id is which because we define the
normal vector, but in the shear direction we are not defining any vector of
reference... I can see what you mean in the normal direction but not in the
shear one. Can you see my point? Am I completely wrong?

Thanks for your help, Chiara