Re: how can I simulate plane of glass

> I have read (https://www.yade-dem.org/sphinx/, work in progress)
> also this paper:
> A new open-source software developed for numerical simulations using
> discrete modeling methods(J. Kozicki,F.V. Donze)
I am not sure that the article helped you a great deal... Have a look at
this one:
https://yade-dem.org/images/5/59/Eudoxos2010-yade-past-present-future.pdf as well (I am sorry to recommend stuff that I wrote, but it is not of narcissism)

> First,I want to use your laws and then write my code and compare the
> results.

> For using your codes, I don't know which classes are suitable for me,
> and
> when I create a plane, it seems that the spheres are not attached
> together, isn't it?
> A plane is a continuum media, how can I have it?
> and the constraints on it's edge?
Contacts will be created when spheres get in touch automatically.
However, for regular packing, some spheres may not touch (numerical
rounding errors), so you should increase distance factor a little bit
(1.05 or such)
https://www.yade-dem.org/sphinx/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.Bo1_Sphere_Aabb.aabbEnlargeFactor

Then you will have spheres bound in the packing firmly together.

Constraints: depends on what you need. You can just block some DOFs on
boundary spheres
(https://www.yade-dem.org/sphinx/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.State.blockedDOFs)

> I will read  "CohesiveFrictionalPM" that Luc scholtes proposal,
> what do you feel about it?
Don't ask me what I feel about that code, the answer would not be
politically correct (although I am not contesting its reported
functionality).