Re: TranslationEngine Vs JumpChangeSe3

A logic I found very efficient for this problem (perhaps already possible in Yade?) is the one of PFC : You can declare some DOF's fixed for velocities/spins (say, Vx is declared fixed). After that, if you set Vx=0, the body doesn't move. If you set Vx=something, it will move at constant Vx. If it not yet implemented, it would be a piece of cake to put this in NewtonIntegrator, and we could get rid of engines (TranslationEngine is a joke if you ask me, an engine just to move bodies at constant speed?).

Bruno

Václav Šmilauer a écrit :
Ok, thanks a lot. But how is it that with TranslationEngine doesn't
work? I mean it doesn't because we account for the displacement twice?
I am looking at the code right now but I cannot find out why..

TranslationEngine will work for dynamic bodies, as it only sets
velocity, nothing else. It will fail for non-dynamic bodies, as velocity
will not be integrated for them (JumpChangeSe3 does that, however).

BTW It is a good idea to use interpolating engine for cyclic loading and
such 1-1 particle tests, rather than ugly loops I had. You'd prescribe
points in time and values of displacement etc, and then the engine takes
care of the rest. I hope we find a way to make it a piece in Yade Lego.

Cheers, v.

Bruno Chareyre
Associate Professor
Grenoble INP
Lab. 3SR
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43