Re: TranslationEngine Vs JumpChangeSe3

Would not just be simply an initial velocity you assign, which might change once your body hits another one, isn't it?
In that case, you just assign an initial velocity (body.vel=.., no engine, no blocked DOF). This is not what I call a "prescribed-something" body, just the usual dynamic body with some initial conditions.
We could ideally also define a coefficient of restitution, that would be equal to one if no dissipation occurs during the impact. Why do you think this is not understandable?
In my understanding, "restitution coefficient" results from Newton+contactLaw, not from artificialy controling the displacement or velocity.
    Also, kinetic energy of velocity/displacement controlled bodies
    should not count in the total kinetic energy, only
    prescribed-force bodies should.

I cannot see why not..
I was not reffering to bodies with an initial velocity, but bodies which are not subjected to Newton's law. They had no kinetic energy to the system since they are not dynamic (motion not modified by mass).

    Chiara, did you try the blockedDOF trick?

I try. I let you know.
Well, perhaps it was irrelevant. I still don't know what you are looking for...
For initial velocities at least, blockedDOFs are useless.

Ciao.

Bruno