Re: total formulation + modifying friction?

Hi Vaclav,

I'm back to the periodic triax with changing friction. It seems there is still an effect of changing friction even after the "/ks" fix. Sorry if I make you repeat but something is still not clear for me, and reading this code is hard.

Is this correct (regarding Dem3DofGeom_SphereSphere):
1. Initial orientations ori1 and ori2, are never modified.
2. Consequence : the shear disp given by displacementT() is always the total displacement (plastic+elastic), based on initials ori1 and ori2. 3. After slipToDisplacementTMax(), the total displacement is reduced in order to be the elastic part only?

In such case, I understand that the shear force will always increase if friction is increased. I also conclude that the shear force will be always colinear to the total displacement (said otherwise : elastic and plastic displacement are always colinear). Is it correct? Isn't it weird?

Bruno

if(trialFs.SquaredLength()>maxFsSq){ geom->slipToDisplacementTMax(sqrt(maxFsSq));
It is |displacementT|  that should be
passed as argument. I suppose it should read sqrt(maxFsSq)/ks, right?