Cheers.

Bruno

Bruno Chareyre a écrit :
Ok. It's linked here :

https://yade-dem.org/wiki/Debugging_using_Kdevelop

Cheers!

Bruno

Václav Šmilauer a écrit :
Perfect. Can you update the wiki page or put the a link to your message
in the archive?

I could play a little more with kdevelop 4 in lucid, until the 3 days old PC failed due to hardware defect. I could set breakpoints, step in instructions, or evaluate variables in simple programs, but I didn't have time to try with Yade.

For generating Yade project, you have to "import" a project, then select the yade directory, but don't give any "project" file *.kdev4 (the old *.kdev project cannot be read), as it will have to be generated automaticaly. Select project type "custom build", then go to project option and set build executable "scons". At this point, you can compile from kdevelop, get nice error output with links to where the errors are, etc. There is also a rich class and member description, auto-completion, display of functions signatures, etc.

When the project is created, it will generate trunk/yade.kdev4 and trunk/.kde/yade.kdev4. The first is almost empty, the second contains the interesting things. Setting the debugger only needs to define "gdb" as debug executable, and define the target program for debug (i.e.
yade-2200 or whatever the name), but I didn't try.
I'll try and tune those kdev4 files and commit them asap, so people can open yade in kdevelop in one click and debug. It will maybe come with a scons.profile-kdev4 for convenience.

Bruno

p.s. Make sure you can compile template projects before doing anything else. Kdevelop needs packages like cmake or g++, but it does not list them in dependencies. If you can't compile templates, it means you miss a package.

Václav Šmilauer a écrit :
    Although I installed kdevelop package with many people help and
opened Yade.kdevelop last week, the following settings of kdevelop for yade on websit (https://yade-dem.org/wiki/Debugging_using_Kdevelop) can
not finish. Because I didnot find project options in project menu and
there was not window (figure 1) appearing when kdevelop started for the
first time. I donot know my kdevelop at this moment can be used to
debuge preprocessor code. Or is there some wrong with it? thanks a lot
Janek, ping... can you update that wiki page for current kdevelop?

Thanks, v.

Bruno Chareyre
Associate Professor
Grenoble INP
Lab. 3SR
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43